First Round draw released for top two sides
The draw for the Swindale Shield and Harper Lock Shield competitions have been announced this week. WRFU also confirmed changes to the competition structure this year.
Swindale/Harper Lock Shield Competitions (Premier First Round)
- Full 13 game round robin.
- One week earlier start to the season (Saturday 18 March).
- One round on ANZAC Day in the afternoon.
Jubilee & Hardham Cup Competitions (Premier Second Round)
- Jubilee Cup format remains unchanged.
- Hardham Cup reduced from eight to six teams
- Hardham Cup to be contested by premier teams only.
- Hardham Cup teams to play each other home and away over ten weeks.
- No Hardham Cup semi-finals or final.
Ed Chaney Cup & HD Morgan Memorial Trophy (Premier Reserve Second Round)
- The Ed Chaney Cup will be contested by the Premier Reserve teams from the eight clubs who qualified for the Jubilee Cup.
- The HD Morgan Memorial Trophy will be contested by the Premier Reserve teams from the six clubs contesting the Hardham Cup.
First round kicks off 18 March
The season kicks off on 18 March with a rematch against Tawa on a Gala Day at Awakairangi Park in Upper Hutt to start the competition. We then have a spell of four home games on the trot. Some notable dates:
- vs Petone for the Bill Elvy Memorial Trophy and first defense of the Bill Brien Challenge Cup on 25 March at Evans Bay
- vs HOBM on 'Rivalry Round' for the Father Cleary Shield on ANZAC Day at Hutt Rec
- Jubilee & Hardham Cup starts on Saturday 10 June
- Jubilee Cup Final - Weekend of 5/6 August
We look forward to your support on the sidelines throughout the season!