Welcome to Marist St Pat’s junior rugby
Marist St Pats, one of Wellington's proudest and most successful sports clubs, has a strong family atmosphere.
We also have a vibrant club culture which extends to our large and well-run junior club. We offer:
- a fun, family-friendly environment where school children can learn, play and develop their rugby
- teams in all grades from under-6 to under-13, with non-tackle (Rippa Rugby) for the younger players
- family-friendly clubrooms with a supervised 'Kids Club' and regular Junior Nights
Junior grades in 2017
- Little Rippas for kids aged 2 - 4 years - learn some basic ball skills and have some fun
- Rippa Rugby (non-tackle grades): fun for both boys and girls and a great way to develop basic ball skills - for youngsters up to 7 years of age (separate under-6 and under-7 grades)
- Under-8 grade: touch rugby to start the season, progressing to tackle rugby
- Tackle rugby (separate grades for under-9, under-10, under-11, under-12 and under-13)
Where we are based
Marist St Pats draws on Catholic and non-Catholic primary and intermediate schools throughout Wellington. Our gym is at Evan's Bay (view map), next to St Patrick’s College in Kilbirnie, and our club rooms are in Hataitai (view map).
Coaching, managing and helping out
We need help with all aspects of running the Junior Club, especially coaching. Junior coaching is very rewarding. You'd be helping to develop young people's fitness, teamwork and confidence.
And full training is provided! Please let us know if you can help in anyway. Email junior convenor Martin Paget or phone him on 027 321 1581 if you have any questions.